Neighbourhoods & Neighbourhood Power
· Preserve and restore natural systems while also adapting to climate change;
· Minimize congestion on highways and at airports by balancing the transportation system with transit, particularly BRT and improved passenger rail, by making it easier and safer to walk and cycle, and by making places more compact;
· Craft and manage regulations to create more desirable places and full-fill consumer preferences, while meeting economic constraints and creating development incentives;
· Make an inviting and environmentally responsible public realm from parks to streets to forgotten spaces; and - most importantly -
· The authors then explain, in their final chapter, how to implement these concepts.
Ecodesign for Cities and Suburbs
By Jonathan Barnett and Larry Beasley
Paperback and E-book
304 pages | Price: $45.00
Publication Date: June 23, 2015
Feel free to include the discount code, 4ECOD.
We hope to hold several meetings in July/August to clarify issues and deepen our understanding of the affordability crisis & housing, CACs & pro forma development and building massing & density. Stay tuned for details! Look for a review of Citizens' Assembly recommendations for our September meeting and a federal election forum in early October.