Fight the Fortress!
- These impersonal skyscrapers will spoil our neighbourhood, the tallest towering over 340 feet high, equal to 39 storeys.
- The developer says they will be 30, 29 and 25 storeys tall - on TOP of the retail "plinth". When the retail "plinth" - section - is taken into account, the building heights will be equal to 39, 34 and 30 storeys above ground level.
- The Grandview Woodland Community Plan, which was passed in 2016 after painstaking consultation with the Grandview community, agreed to new housing in buildings ranging from 12 to 24 storeys at that Safeway site.
- The Grandview Woodland plan calls for a generous, centrally-located public plaza.
- There is no real plaza - only a wide passage beside the noisy skytrain, all in shadow. Bleak.
–for the massive size of the site
–for the height bonuses being requested
–for the city’s housing affordability crisis
There is a better design!
This previous design concept is more in keeping with what the community and City felt appropriate for this site.
- Tell the City what you think in this short survey
- •Talk to friends and neighbours
- •Write letters of concern to Mayor and Council